This bar is perfect for someone who wants energy without too much sweetness. This natural protein bar boasts great minerals like selenium, zinc, and calcium. The combination makes a great energy and recovery bar post workout. The course salt gives this bar a special sweet and salty edge. You don't have to dehydrate these bars, but if you do they travel better and have the texture of a store-bought bar
3/4 cup tahini (sesame seed paste)
1 ½ cups dried figs, chopped
1/4 cup honey or rice syrup
1/2 cup brazil nuts
3/4 cup walnuts
1/2 tbsp pure vanilla extract
1/2 tbsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp grey or pink coarse salt (optional)
1 tsp maca root powder
1. Blend the tahini and figs in food processor with the S-blade, then add sweetener and the remaining ingredients, mixing well until blended but chunky.
2. Evenly roll out the mixture onto parchment-lined dehydrator trays (or cookie tray if using an oven) to 1/2 inch thickness.
3. Freeze for 45 minutes, then cut into bars (with the paper left underneath for support) with a sharp knife.
4. If you need the bars to last a long time dehydrate for 6 hours at 115°F. If using an oven, bake at 125°F for 2 hours. Be very careful not to overcook the seeds, or the nutritional value of the essential fats will be lost.
5. Wrap bars individually or place them in a cookie tin and store in the fridge.
To learn more about what Julie has to offer, purchase her bestselling books and online program at the links below.
Do you need some motivation and support?
The program website features videos, recipes, downloadable documents
and daily emails that help direct you while on your cleanse.
Many people go on to incorporate the principles of The Hot Detox
into their daily lives to help heal their bodies and enhance their lives.
This online program has a LIFETIME ACCESS, so you can use it again and again.