Ginger is all the rage! So many products have been developed that include this ancient herb and with good reason. For more information, check out my ginger blog. I call these Genny’s Gingers because I created them for my ginger loving grandma, Geneva.
1/2 cup almond butter*
2 tsp ground ginger
1 tbsp ground cinnamon
2 cups almond meal
1 tbsp ground flax meal
6 tbsp honey
1 tsp organic vanilla extract
*If you open the jar and the almond butter has separated, you’ll need to mix the oil back together with the almond butter and then measure
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Place all the ingredients in a bowl and stir to thoroughly combine.
3. Roll the dough by hand into 1inch balls and lightly press down into the shape of a heart.
4. Place the cookies on a parchment lined baking sheet.
5. Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden. The cookies will crisp as they cool.
6. Allow cookies to cool. They store well in an airtight container. Yields 24 cookies.