This recipe was developed by my nephew Kaydn as a special holiday treat. It is a cross between a frozen chocolate ice-cream and a dark fudge brownie. Everyone raves about it at our parties. Keep it frozen and allow it to thaw for about 5 minutes just prior to serving. This will make the slicing easier.
398ml can coconut milk, full-fat
1 tsp pink sea salt
1 tbs organic vanilla extract
1/2 cup raw honey
1/2 cup nuts, chopped (cashews and macadamia nuts work well)
200g organic baker’s chocolate (unsweetened) 100% coco
1. Mix the salt, vanilla, honey, coconut milk and chopped nuts in a mixing bowl.
2. Break up chocolate and place in a medium pot on a medium heat.
3. Let the chocolate melt while continually stirring to avoid burning. Adjust heat if necessary.
5. Add the coconut milk/vanilla/nut mixture into the pot with the melted chocolate. Continue stir until this mixture starts to bubble (about 5 minutes). Be careful not to burn.
6. After the mixture has bubbled, turn off heat and continue to stir for 1 more minute.
7. Add raw honey and mix well.
8. Pour into a glass loaf pan and freeze for at least 2 hours. Preferably overnight.
Makes 8-10 servings.