A fan favourite from my first book, Meals That Heal Inflammation, this frittata recipe is perfect for the whole family. It makes a lovely holiday meal that is quick and easy anti-inflammatory breakfast. It is also a perfect appetizer. Cut into 2 inch x 2 inch bites and serve!
1 cup green onion, sliced
2 cups baby spinach
1 cup sweet potato, slice thin
12 large free-range organic eggs
¼ cup filtered water
¼ tsp. grey sea salt or pink rock salt
1 ½ tbsp. basil pesto
½ cup arame seaweed, soaked 15 minutes
As desired fresh herbs, chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 350° F. Grease a 10 by 14 inch (23 cm by 30 cm) casserole dish with the olive oil and set aside.
2. Layer onion, spinach, and sweet potato in the bottom of a casserole dish.
3. Whisk eggs, water, salt, and pesto in a medium-sized bowl until well blended.
4. Pour mixture over other ingredients in casserole dish. Top with arame and herbs.
5. Cook for 30 minutes, or until eggs are set. Makes 6 servings.